Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pomona Green Juice






 I’m having a bit of a green moment, obsessed with this particular shade.

I’m also having a bit of a trying-to-be-healthier moment. Or I was, the morning I made this juice. Which, by the way, I plan on drinking for or adding to my breakfast for the remainder of this week.



 It’s mildly sweet (if you prefer a very sweet juice, double the apple or pear), and though some may be intimidated by the color, the flavor isn’t as earthy or vegetal as the shade might lead one to believe. It’s refreshing and delightful, and would pair well with a sweet or savory breakfast.



    If you want an extra green boost, my favorite trick is to blend in some spinach, or even a pinch of fresh parsley. As a side note, I think a carrot or two would be an excellent addition to the juice, but I was as invested in the beautiful color as I was in the flavor, so I left that out.


 Pomona Green Juice
1 green apple
1 pear          
½ a cucumber
1 stalk celery
Juice of ½ large lime

Juice everything but the lime, which should be squeezed into finished juice. Enjoy as is or over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment